HONOR guides Marines to exemplify the ultimate in ethical and moral behavior as detailed in the following list:
- Obey the law
- Lead by example
- Respect yourself and others
- Maintain a high standard of integrity
- Support and defend the constitution
- Uphold special trust and confidence
- Place faith and honor above all else
- Honor fellow Marines, the Corps, Country, and Family.
The qualities of maturity, dedication, trust and dependability commit Marines to act responsibly; to be accountable for their actions; and to fulfill their obligations.